Monday, March 23, 2020

A nice surprise with this film, it aged beautifully. Actually just these 3 frames from a Fuji Superia 800 that I shot in 2016 and re-scanned a few weeks ago, transformed into something unexpected. I don't know exactly why, but at this point it doesn't even really matter, only if I would like to try and replicate the effect. Which I might want.

What happened is that the colors metamorphosed and the emulsion looks like burned from place to place, so the images are becoming dreamy and fairy-like-milky. Which is even more surprising since the days when I shot these images were by themselves different, either covered in a thick fog or nicely contoured by the mellow sun of autumn, but anyway both wrapped in mystery. So it's all a nice big coincidence, but so is the Universe.

Shot on Fuji Superia 800, Olympus Mju
Călimănești, Căciulata & Viscri, Romania, 2016




No comments: